Banking and International Transactions Consulting
There are many complex financial issues that an EB-5 Regional Center will face when bringing in capital from investors located around the world who may face currency and exchange restrictions. Financial planning is as important for a Regional Center as it is for individual EB-5 investors. Korda Burgess aims to deliver high customer service to all of our clients. Therefore, we have assembled the team of professional accountants, tax planners, financial planners, EB-5 attorneys, Securities attorneys and bankers that are able to assist a Regional Center and its investors in the following financial matters:
- Work with the Regional Center to streamline the EB-5 Escrow administration process: set up an escrow account and identify the terms and conditions under which the funds received from EB-5 investors will be released to the Regional Center and the EB-5 Project;
- Assist in finding the most cost-effective, safe and easy way for your investors to transfer EB-5 investments from foreign countries to the US;
- Provide strategic tax consulting services for the Regional Center and assist individual EB-5 investors in international tax planning;
- Provide OFAC assistance with investor clients from countries sanctioned by OFAC (Office of Foreign Assets Control)
- Advise the Regional Center’s investor clients on the source of funds issues inherent in filing the I-526 petition. Our Team has knowledge of USCIS requirements to prove a lawful source of funds and can assist EB-5 investors in gathering the required evidence in order to assemble a comprehensive I-526 petition filing package in order to file with USCIS. The release of the investment funds to a Regional Center and the EB-5 project is usually directly dependent on the foreign investor’s I-526 petition approval.